Orion Packaging is an industry-leading UK manufacturer of automatic rotary arm wrapper systems. They are perfect for wrapping very heavy, very light, tall or unstable loads. We produce high quality packaging solutions for suppliers and distributors in the UK and abroad.
Rotary Arm Stretch Wrapper Systems
Our automatic rotary arm stretch wrapper systems are available as either stand-alone machines or they can be integrated into a fully automated wrapping line.
The machine itself consists of a rotating arm that spins around a stationary object (such as a loaded pallet), while a stretch wrap film is applied to the product. The conveyor system automatically delivers the product to the wrapping station, where it is quickly wrapped by the rotating arm and ejected, ready for shipping.
Our rotary arm stretch wrappers are capable of wrapping high volumes of reels and pallets – as well as loads which are awkwardly shaped or unstable. Using the latest rotating technology, all applications are carried out without the risk of collapse during a load cycle. Pallets can be safely and securely wrapped without any hesitation.
Rotary Arm Wrapper – Product Features
- Robust, durable and reliable.
- Low maintenance costs.
- Easy to clean.
- Fast and more efficient than manual alternatives.
- Requires no operator.
- Our rotary arm wrappers are supplied with our ‘cut and clamp’ mechanism. This holds the film in the clamp as the first wrap cycle commences. After this initial revolution is complete, the film is trapped by the first wrap and the clamp then releases. This removes the need for manual attachment of the film.
- A top platen can be fitted to secure light or unbalanced loads while wrapping.
- A wiping device can be fitted to the machine to place the tail end of the film back onto the pallet.
The pallet or item is loaded within the frame of the machine. When the machine starts, the rotary arm (fixed above the centre point) will revolve around the load. As the arm revolves, the carriage on the arm moves upwards to the top of the load, providing a secure wrap. When the number of top wraps required is reached, the carriage descends down the rotary arm to complete the wrap cycle.
After the cycle is complete, the film is re-clamped ready for the next pallet or item. A hot wire cutting device on a pneumatic arm then moves into the line of film (between the clamp and pallet) and cuts the film.
The rotary arm wrapper offers another dimension to wrapping products. To talk to a specialist about our machines, contact the team on 01543 687072. Alternatively, you can fill out the request form below and we’ll be happy to help.